Recently the NOW Program was fortunate to receive a limited amount of funding from FedNor so that we are able to assist Northern Ontario female entrepreneurs with the cost of educational courses. The specifics of this offering can be found within the attached one page application. The NOW Program recognizes that these are trying times for Northern Ontario entrepreneurs and applications will be assessed on a continuous basis.
Please like their Facebook Page for the latest and greatest news. facebook.com/NorthernOntarioWomen/
The NOW Program was developed to assist Northern Ontario female entrepreneurs with accessing one-time professional services they might not typically be able to afford and to assist with the financial burden of setting up mentoring relationships.
It is important to note that the NOW Program does not fund capital expenditures (ie business cards, equipment, etc), ongoing professional fees (ie. annual accounting fees, etc) , educational courses, tradeshow or travel costs.
To date, some of our successful applicants have used the funding to assist them with ..
* streamlining their manufacturing processes
* receiving legal advice in regards to exporting regulations
* receiving legal advice to assist with securing patents
* receiving legal advice in regards to consolidating
* hiring consultants to assist with a marketing strategy
* hiring consultants to advise on creating an e-commerce platform
* developing mentoring relationships with like-minded entrepreneurs
* conducting sustainability assessments
NOW Program Intake Dates
* There are 7 intakes throughout the life of the NOW Program.
* These are dates by which applications must be submitted in order to be considered for that Intake.