Is your business looking to undertake a project related to innovation,digital economy or trade?
We may be able to help you hire a youth intern.
Evaluation Criteria & Project Considerations:
- Beneficiaries must be entrepreneurs in the private sector.
- Internship must be within an enterprise located in Northeastern Ontario.
- Interns must be currently unemployed or underemployed, reside in Northeastern Ontario, be under the age of 30 and have graduated with a degree, diploma or certificate from a post-secondary institution within the last three years (proof will be required). The Youth Intern will not be related to members of the directors, officers or managers of the NEOYIP beneficiary.
- Interns are eligible to work up to a maximum of 12 months.
- Job description must reflect a need for the enterprise.
- The Beneficiary will receive a contribution of up to 50 % of costs for private sector placements, to a maximum of $31,500.00.
- Eligible costs are limited to wages, benefits, training and training related travel costs for professional/business skills development for Intern.
- All projects will be required to submit quarterly reports, as well as a final report that will include a summary of activities and accomplishments of the project.
- All projects will require that both the intern and the employer conduct a paper-based exit questionnaire upon completion or termination of contract. Template to be provided.
- All funds must be expended by the stated end date of the project.
- The Beneficiary must provide appropriate supervision and mentoring. If the application is approved, a letter of offer outlining terms and conditions will be prepared, and a contract will have to be signed by both parties.
Northeastern Ontario Youth Internship Program
To learn more, please contact:
Parry Sound Area CB&DC Inc.
1A Church Street,
Parry Sound Ontario